Turkish prosecutors have charged 20 suspects over the 2018 murder of Riyadh critic Jamal Khashoggi.
Khashoggi, 59, a commentator who wrote for The Washington Post, was killed after he entered the Saudi consulate on October 2, 2018, to obtain paperwork for his wedding to Turkish fiancee Hatice Cengiz.
The Saudi insider-turned-critic was strangled and his body cut into pieces by a 15-man Saudi squad inside the consulate, according to Turkish officials.
His remains have never been found despite repeated calls by Turkish officials for the Saudis to cooperate.
- 'Monstrous killing' -
Turkey carried out its own investigation after being unhappy with Saudi Arabia's explanations.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has vowed Ankara will not give up the case.
"This happened in my country, how am I not going to follow up on that? Of course I'm going to follow up. This is our responsibility," Erdogan told Fox News last year.
The prosecutor have already issued arrest warrants for the suspects, who are not in Turkey.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
UN affirms Palestinian people's right to self-determination, two-state solution
Iranian MPs seek hardening of nuclear stance after scientist killed
Iran official says Israel, exiled group killed scientist in complex operation
Iran mulls response as it prepares to bury nuclear scientist
Gaza gets vital aid as hospitals struggle with rising infections
Defiant protesters hit streets in south Iraq for second day
Iran accuses Israel of assassinating scientist and seeking 'chaos'
Iran says top nuclear scientist assassinated
Gaza’s first female gas station attendant challenges ‘traditions’